"Front of House" Positions
Marquee depends on the generosity and committment of our volunteers. We rely on a dedicated corps of volunteers for the various programs we offer. Each position has specific requirements and responsibilities - but each and every position requires the following:
All volunteers and staff are required to pass a background check. No exceptions
Volunteers must participate in Marquee’s basic volunteer training
Excellent work ethic and strong people skills
Well-organized and able to function independently
Must be a team player
Must treat all guests and staff with courtesy and respect
Perform assignments effectively
Report for duty promptly
Notify their supervisor when unable to report
Participate in training and accept supervision
Provide constructive feedback
Observe the organization's guidelines
Give adequate notice of job resignation.
Areas of Interest
Front of House Positions
Back of House Positions
2010 - present
In return volunteers have the right to expect:
Meaningful and challenging assignments
Clear and specific instructions
Ongoing training and supervision
Recognition of accomplishments
A working partnership with staff.
Responsible for serving the general public by selling event related tickets. Responsible for cash management and compliance. Assists with closing of the ticket office, including preparation of cash banks and updating seating charts and event information.
Ticketing & Box Office
2010 - present
- Provide all guests a positive first impression of Marquee by offering superior, individualized guest service.
- Operates a cash register and/or credit card equipment.
- Sells and processes ticket orders via mail, telephone, Internet, and over-the-counter. - Distributes literature to patrons and answers questions in response to inquiries about shows and events.
- Assist with miscellaneous box office projects as directed.
- Ability to work cohesively with all co-workers
- Capability of communicating positively with guests to establish their needs efficiently and courteously.
- Skill to handle cash responsibly and accurately
- Problem-solve by effectively communicating with guests to locate and deliver will-call/guest list tickets.
Experience: Prior retail sales experience a plus
Training: On the job training provided.
Other: Attention to detail and a calm demeanor is essential
Student Lounge/Concessions Coordinator
Responsible for managing Marquee Concessions’ and Student Lounge area. Operate the snack bar to accommodate students, faculty and others with prepared food items and concessions.
- Prepare and sell food items to students, faculty and event attendees.
- Order food, snack bar items, and supplies from vendors
- Properly clean equipment, floors, counters, etc and store supplies and unused food products at the end of each working day
- Prepare required inventories, reports, and deposit cash receipts with the Administrative Office
- Comply with health laws
- Supervise and schedule concession workers
- Organizational skills
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Knowledgeable about food preparation and Riversid eCounty health codes
- Ability to create and keep a budget
- Food Service experience required